B. Healthy Certified Community Competition
New to 2017, join our B.Healthy Coalition Certified Community Competition! Our new campaign is a community*-based campaign in which individual communities that complete at least four of the eight items listed below will be considered a “B. Healthy Recognized Community” and will receive B. Healthy Recognized Community promotional items. The community who has accomplished the most B. Healthy action items by December 2017 will be awarded funding to support the development of healthy community activities and initiatives and be named the healthiest community in Barry County!
*For the purpose of this initiative, a “community” is defined as a public school district footprint. Please click here to view the map of school districts in Barry County.
During this two-part competition, individual communities* will have the opportunity to get healthy! For the first part of the competition, communities that complete at least four of the eight items listed below will beconsidered a “B. Healthy Recognized Community” and will receive B. Healthy Recognized Community promotional items.
The second competition is a two month long physical activity challenge aimed at increasing physical activity among Barry County residents. This individual campaign will start in October 2017 and will continue through November 2017. More information will be posted on Facebook as the date gets closer!
TO PARTICIPATE, COMMUNITIES MUST ADOPT THE B.HEALTHY RESOLUTION AND ACCOMPLISH AT LEAST FOUR ACTION ITEMS BY DECEMBER 2017:
AwarenessChoose at least 1
- Work with restaurants in your community to display B. Healthy table toppers.*
- Work with educational facilities (individual buildings of public/private schools, higher education, ISD, child care centers, etc.) in the community to display B. Healthy posters.*
- Utilize community resources to promote the individual campaign.
- Work with businesses and/or service clubs adopt policies to improve health.
- ADOPT A B. HEALTHY RESOLUTION (REQUIRED).
Physical ActivityChoose at least 1
- Identify or bring awareness to one walking route in your community that displays a sign saying “X miles or steps to X” to encourage
people to walk a little farther (we can design and print the sign)..
- Host a "kick off" event (parade, walk, run, bike, park event, community cleanup, water event, etc.) for the individual B. Healthy
campaign to start in October.
- Have at least 20 individuals in the community compete in theindividual fall walking trail contest and log their hours through the
B. Healthy website SuperTracker app
*We will work with you to determine, based on your community size, how many restaurants, businesses and educational facilities need to participate in order to count as a completed action.
Download Community Competition Flyer
Looking for next steps? Have any questions?
B. Healthy Coalition Co-lead
(269) 945-9516 x 2624
Encourage community participants to use the SuperTracker app to log their fall competition walking hours, along with their general physical activities and nutrition.
*To help win as B.Healthy's healthiest community of Barry County, you will need at least 20 individuals within your community using the SuperTracker app.